19 Sept 2014

UT.1



Because of my postpartum depression (see this post for more information), and because Brandon needed to focus on getting through the second year of medical school, my mom and sister Sydnee flew to Portland to visit us.

My sister Sydnee was already out helping us, and the five of us had Thanksgiving dinner.


Thanksgiving Dinner 2013



A few days after Thanksgiving, with Oliver a month old, my mom drove Oliver and me to Utah so could have the help and support I needed. It's one of the better decisions
I made, even though I was super stressed out about whether or not it was the right thing to do.

      


My family loved having us and my parents were AMAZING. They would sometimes take turns with Oliver in the middle of the night so I could get some sleep, even though they both had many other obligations and work to do.



My parents and my seven younger siblings adore him. He is the first and currently only grandchild on my side, so he's a bit spoiled. There was never any shortage of people willing to hold him or play with him.



                   





My mom nicknamed him "Cotchu," or Center of the Universe.




               




He even got to meet his great-grandma Gay, who was visiting from Florida for Christmas, and his great-grandpa Don, who was visiting from Arizona.

                       


Brandon came out on his Christmas break after Oliver and I had been there for about three weeks.

Ollie's welcome back gift to Dad.
Brandon started changing a diaper his first morning back with us. He wasn't quick enough with the diaper. Luckily, I was on the other end and was spared. Brandon needed a shower though. 

  After a day or two more with my family, we went to stay with his family in Spring City for Christmas. 






1 comment:

  1. I just call 'em like I see 'em and that boy is the C. O. T. U. (Center of the Universe)

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird