14 Aug 2012

Catching Up

I realized recently why I have such a hard time updating and writing this blog.

1. It hasn't been a priority for me, therefore I have had no time for it. I literally completely forget about it. Work, family, weddings, reunions, friends, moving and other projects have been first on my list. Now that I am starting life anew in a big city, maybe I'll be better about it (on occasion), so I can keep my family and friends (mostly mom) updated on my experiences.

2. This blog really hasn't had (doesn't have) much of a purpose. I need to figure that out. Its been mostly a compilation of randomness--thoughts, cool things, stuff going on...but maybe randomness is its purpose? If any of you readers (: assuming I still have some :) have any suggestions/ideas on what you would like to see more of, ie. pictures, writing, life updates, projects, whatever, let me know. Also, I need a good title. I don't like (and never really have liked) "The Physicist and the Poet." It was just a working title. "Stjärna" is just there because I didn't want to see "The Physicist and the Poet" anymore, but couldn't think of a title. Plus, I think it's pretty. (You pronounce it "hwairnuh" by the way. Just in case you were curious.) I've thought about doing our initials is some clever way, but B & S? BS. Eh...I guess I could do S & B. Anyways, any suggestions/ideas on that front would be most welcome.

3. It takes me FOREVER to construct a post. I want to be witty and funny and smart and awesome! I sit and hem and haw, and rewrite this and rewrite that and delete this, etc...I don't know if I can ever fix that problem, but I will try.

4.  Maybe this is a side effect of #2: I didn't really feel like I had much to write about. I had a lot of great experiences and found a lot of cool things, but I felt like the people reading my blog would already know about it, or they were there to experience them as well. Now that I am in Portland though, I think that will change. Also, I realize that thinking in that way was kind of silly.

Well, now that you've logged that away, I'll get onto some of the fun stuff. Like what I've been doing with all of that time I was too busy to post.

These are some of the projects that took higher priority to updating my blog: Ruby Lou dolls and Posh Little Tutus.

I've made maybe 10 or so of these Ruby Lou dolls. I've had a lot of fun making them for people.




 Cinderella was a tricky variation, but I'm pleased the way she turned out. 

 I made this one for my friend Dacia's adorable baby girl, along with a matching minky blanket.

I was working for Posh Little Tutus (an online company: http://www.poshlittletutus.com/index.htm).
These (see below) represent less than a week's worth of work.








I made many, many tutus. In addition, I made headbands and bows and clips. It was a really fun job!

Well, that's all for now. I'll fill you in about my quiet books and some other projects in a later post. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Really cute stuff! I'm going to send your site to my oldest daughter. She's into all the cool stuff other people make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ruby Lou dolls are adorable!! Nice work. I hope you're feeling all settled in there in Portland.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird