30 May 2013

Back in January...



Seattle 
Back in January (yes, back 4 months ago) I visited my good friend Katie who is going to grad school at the University of Washington in Seattle. 

The first place I visited was Pike Place Market. I love markets. 






The infamous gum wall. I found a Swedish flag!

These were our "we are not amused" faces. 
Yummy French pastry! But no where close to how amazing pastries and bread are in France. 
We went to the Seattle Library while I was there. It is huge and wicked awesome. I only posted the one picture because my little camera was disappointingly inadequate at capturing the grandeur and size of the place, so I did a image search on Google so you can look at better pictures of it if you wish. 


On Sunday we went for a walk in a park I can't remember the name of now. It was a gorgeous day and we had some beautiful views of the sea.





 I went and visited the University of Washington campus. I wish I had known this place existed when I was applying for college! I loved SUU and wouldn't trade my experiences, but I fell in love with everything about UW and kind of wish I could go to college again so I could go there. Most of the buildings on the main campus look like something out of Oxford. And this:


This is the library. 

And this:

This is the Harry Potter Reading Room. I about died. Pretty sure when Katie and I walked into the room, my face looked something like this:


 If I lived in Seattle, I would read and write in there all the time. 


We went to Bainbridge Island before I had to drive back to Portland. It was a lot of fun! We only had about an hour on the island. We got some ice cream at Mora Iced Creamery, which was our main reason for going over there, and it did not disappoint. We also stopped by the Blackbird Bakery, which was an adorable little shop with excellent scones and muffins. 

To get there we had to take a thirty minute ferry ride from Seattle to Bainbridge.
The front of the Tacoma ferry boat.
Bainbridge Island. 

View of Seattle on the way back from Bainbridge.

Right before I left we stopped by Ivars Fish Bar on the wharf and I got some clam chowder which was pretty amazing. I love food. 

I had so much fun in Seattle. It was an awesome trip and I can't wait to visit again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird