6 Sept 2012

Art and Aprons

Last Saturday Brandon and I attended the Arts and Crafts Festival in the Pearl District, otherwise known as Art in the Pearl. We were only there for less than an hour, but it was fun and interesting walking around, looking at the different artists' work.

Here are some of my favorite artists and their artwork:



Raquel Edwards   


Ann Munson   


Juli Adams 


Steve Harmston 



Diane Archer 

If I had thousands of dollars to blow on a piece of artwork--I would. 

Now for a bit of my own artwork! Well, sewing artistry that is. I finally made the apron I've been meaning to sew for over a year now (amazing what time you have when you're home all day with no kids and no job). I love how it turned out. Anyways, on to the finished product: 


Ta-Da!
 Brandon insisted on me modeling the apron right there and then (so I apologize for the gross no-shower hair and face...). The best part: I made my own pattern. A first for me! Well, unless you count dolls or quiet books, but I'm not. I did follow a tutorial, but mostly just for the pleats along the bottom and the general shape of the apron.  


Success! Now I'll just have to bake some cookies or cakes so I can wear it. 


1 comment:

  1. I love it! And I love the pics of you in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird